Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 6


So, I start this blog with something I saw on Facebook (oops.)-- but before I let the comments distract me, I just wanted to think about the actual post. Time is infinite for God, and He put you in His plans...meaning our minute amount of time is part of a larger picture.

Anyways, as I was listening to music and riding the bus home, an old man exited and with a serene kind of stillness and peace, just stood in the street. He, in his ragged appearance, old cane in hand, empty plastic bad clinging carelessly to a few crooked fingers, was a sight. I teared, as he looked in a wayward distance and then dragged his body away. 

I teared, because somewhere in my soul, I feared. 

When I was younger, it is safe to say my childhood was not lollipops and sunshine, good decisions, and wonderful development. So, I would make dreams: that I would become a doctor-teacher-principal-millionaire that would take every child ever ignored or alone, every foster kid, every soon-to-be-aborted child and put them in my home. Now, my home was a mansion, able to sustain all of them. There would be training and support for the mothers who did not have homes and needed love. There would be classrooms where all the kids would learn and go off to college. I would build several estates all over the States and then move into other countries. I also took care of all the animals in shelters and on the streets, because each soul made me think of the times
I felt that love was lacking in my life. This also included all the grandparents I see by themselves, all the sick, all the poor...every soul that was alone...

So, today, seeing that old man-- he may have been going to a party, visiting his grand-kids, or as alone as I felt he was---  made me remember my solution for peace. I truly believe every person needs someone to love them. The thing is that...that person is not me...and will never be me. That person is God. That person is Jesus. 

Words? (A lot is going on right now so I can't cry in front of people---because they make me happy...especially Nancy who is literally a bundle of joy wrapped in happiness!)

Anyways, Jonathon gave us each a book that apparently is something he thinks we should read: 

AKA. ---interracial everything?...JKAY, that's not why we're here.

But also...listening to some mixes from DJ Prevail...tell him to give me music and mix at my wedding. KTB.

Goodbye & Good EVENING (wow, early!),


P.S. My "Quote of the Day" was: My Isaiah Moment. (And I will tell you more about it another time..that...is a WHOLE other post!)

2 comments: